Got my shot
for my family.
Got my shot
for my grandkids.
Got my shot
for my neighborhood.
Getting Back to What Matters Most
Our families. Our community. The people and places we love. Our churches, our neighborhoods, the things that make us happy. There are thousands of great reasons to get the vaccine now. Why will you get your shot?
It’s Up to You
Getting the COVID-19 vaccine is a personal choice. There’s a lot to consider before you schedule your shot.
There’s a lot of information out there, and that can be confusing. Some of the myths you may have heard include that the vaccine will give you COVID-19, that it’s unsafe, or that you don’t need it if you’ve already had the disease. You might have even heard that the melanin in your skin protects you from COVID-19. None of that is true.
Truth: The vaccine is a tested, safe, effective way to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Here’s more truth: According to the Centers for Disease Control, people of color have been 2.6 times more likely to get the disease, 4.7 times more likely to be hospitalized, and 2.1 times more likely to die from COVID-19.
It’s time we take control of our good health. That starts with knowing the facts.
Get the Facts
Did you know that an African-American woman, Dr. Kizzmekia Corbett, was at the forefront of the historic effort to develop a safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine?
That’s a fact. Here are some other things you should know:
- All the vaccines currently available in Central Indiana have been carefully tested and are effective in preventing COVID-19
- None of the vaccines use the live virus that causes COVID-19.
- It is possible to catch COVID-19 more than once . If you currently have COVID-19, wait until you are symptom-free before getting the vaccine. Otherwise, you can schedule your appointment now.
- Vaccines are widely available. More than 3 out of 5 African Americans either plan to or have already gotten their Covid-19 vaccination .
- And the melanin in your skin will not protect you from COVID-19. Neither will gargling with salt water or vinegar. Or spraying yourself with alcohol or chlorine.
We Can All Make A Difference
You’re not in this alone. COVID-19 has affected all of our lives—and it’s going to take working together to beat the virus and get us back to what matters most.
Getting the vaccine protects us, our families, and our friends—and we can set an example that inspires others. We can share our commitment on social media with the hashtag #GotMyShot and let our followers know we’re looking out for them, too. And we can use the specially created tools and resources below to reach and inspire even more people.
Social Media Assets
The #GotMyShot campaign is a community-wide effort supported by local government, healthcare, nonprofit, and corporate partners to dispel myths and share facts about the efficacy, safety, and importance of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Want to know how your organization can join the movement? Drop us a note at email@example.com